Items Due Today?
No problem! Any items eligible for renewal will be automatically renewed… If we have your email address we’ll let you know which items cannot be renewed two days prior to the due dates. Eligible items will be automatically renewed two days prior to the due date.
Sunday Hours Resume September 13th
Beginning Sunday, September 13th, Sunday hours will resume. We are open from 1 to 5 on Sundays. We look forward to seeing you here!
Attention Teen Volunteers!
Teens, do you need volunteer hours for school credit or an organization you belong to? You can volunteer at Messenger Library! Details about our volunteer program and applications can be found on our Teen Volunteer page, or picked up at our Youth Services Department desk.
- Sun Oct 04 8th-12th Grade Book Club event details | register
- Mon Oct 05 North Aurora Garden Club event details | register
- Mon Oct 05 Messenger Book Discussion Group event details | register
- Mon Oct 05 Code - Play - Game Club event details | register
- Mon Oct 05 Cub Scout Den 3 Meeting event details | register
- Mon Oct 05 Sierra Club Valley of the Fox Group Meeting event details | register
- Tue Oct 06 Northtown Homeowners Association Meeting event details | register
- Tue Oct 06 Lapsit Storytime event details | register
- Tue Oct 06 Preschool Pals event details | register
- Wed Oct 07 Toddler Time event details | register
View all upcoming events
Did you know you can manage your Messenger library account with Shoutbomb? Shoutbomb is a service that allows you to renew eligible items, see available holds, view overdue notifications and will alert you when items will be due soon via text messaging.
All you need to use this service are a mobile phone and wireless service that allows you to receive and send text messages. You don't need a smartphone to take advantage of this service. There is no charge for this service, but standard texting rates will be applied by your cell phone's service provider.
You will need the barcode number on the back of your library card and the PIN associated with your account. (If you don't know your pin, contact the circulation desk at 630-896-0240 for assistance). To sign up using your phone, send a text message to: email@example.com. In the body of the message type SIGN UP and then send your message. Shoutbomb will reply asking for your barcode, PIN and then your email addess. An email address is optional, so if you don't want to supply it type NONE.
T-Mobile users must add firstname.lastname@example.org as a contact to your phone's address book. When prompted to reply to a Shoutbomb automated message please use your phone's saved contact instead.