Our apologies to Tanya Berley for inadvertently leaving her name off of the list of candidates for the April 4th Trustee Elections for the Library. Mary Beth Hutches name should not have appeared in the newsletter but Tanya Berley’s name should have appeared in the Newsletter. Mary Beth’s term of office does not end until April of 2019. Tanya Berley filed to run for reelection as her term will expire April 2017.
The OFFICIAL ballots for the Kane County Election will have Tanya as one of the Candidates running for office. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused.
Teen Volunteer applications are available now! We're accepting applications for the current school year. Click here for more information.
- Mon Mar 20 Don't Be A Victim: Avoid Identity Theft event details | register
- Sat Mar 25 Storytime with Clifford! event details | register
- Tue Mar 28 Teen Coffeehouse event details | register
- Tue Apr 25 Teen Coffeehouse event details | register
- Sat May 06 Geek Fest event details | register
- Tue May 23 Morning Coffee Break & a Book event details | register
- Tue May 30 Teen Coffeehouse event details | register
- Thu Jun 01 Evening Book Discussion Group event details | register
- Sun Jun 04 Teen Book Club event details | register
- Tue Jun 06 Lapsit event details | register
View all upcoming events
The Library Board approved a contract and bid this fall with the L.J. Morse Construction Co. of Aurora Illinois to begin work on the West Wing Renovation Project. Kluber Architects and Engineers are under contract with the Library Board to oversee the construction work. Phase I of the project was completed in December 2016. Phase 2 of the project will start the first week of January and continue through the end of May 2017. Phase 2 will involve the creation of a new staff off desk work area and space, a new consolidated customer service point for staff and patron interaction, a renovated technology access space for library patrons, and a combined coffee bar and library browsing lounge area. During this construction phase staff will be assisting patrons at the new information desk and will be assisting patrons with the new self-check-out units at a new service counter. For more detailed information and updates as the project progresses, please click on the “Renovation” tab on our website.