Read to the Rhythm - Summer Reading Begins June 1
Join in the fun of our Summer Reading Program for all ages! Babies through adults are welcome to visit the Library to pick up an activity log and start reading. Participate to earn prizes throughout the summer. Logs available starting June 1. Prizes available starting June 8.
The deadline has passed to apply for Summer Reading Program desk volunteers. We are now accepting applications for teen volunteers who wish to assist with children’s programs and preparation over the next few months. Teens who filled out the Summer Reading Volunteer application do not need to apply again. Volunteer opportunities will be emailed monthly and filled on a first-reply, first-served basis. Applications available on our website or at the Youth Services desk.
- Sat May 30 Brownie Troop 1175 Meeting event details | register
- Sat May 30 Piano Recital By Tami DeVries event details | register
- Sun May 31 LIBRARY CLOSED Sundays event details | register
- Mon Jun 01 North Aurora Garden Club event details | register
- Mon Jun 01 Messenger Book Discussion Group event details | register
- Mon Jun 01 Sierra Club Valley of the Fox Group event details | register
- Wed Jun 03 CASA Kane County Meeting event details | register
- Thu Jun 04 Library Board of Trustees Commitee Meeting event details | register
- Fri Jun 05 Waubonsee Lifelong Learning event details | register
- Fri Jun 05 Modern Woodmen of America Group Meeting event details | register
View all upcoming events
This summer we’re trying something new! Summer is one of the busiest times of the year, so we're adding more options and removing restrictions. There will be no registration for our summer session of storytimes (June 16-July 23). Storytimes will be open on a first-come, first-serve basis: we will begin handing out a specific number of name tags 15 minutes before each storytime starts. Children must have a name tag to attend the storytime. Visit the calendar to see all summer programs or read below for details on our new storytimes. Please contact Youth Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 630-801-4340 if you have any questions. For more information, click here.