Secrets of the Library:
The Messenger Public Library was founded by Emeline Messenger in 1937, and continues to make a difference in the quality of life in North Aurora through a wide variety of services, programs and resources. Will you help us make a difference with a year-end gift this year? Click here for more information.
Lincoln & Caudill: Read to Win!
October 1 - February 15. Students in grades 4-12 can read 4 books from the Lincoln and Caudill Award nominee list, fill out reviews, and win! Get started here by printing out a review form, or visit Youth Services for more details.
- Sat Dec 10 Create a Quick & Easy Holiday Ornament - Art Club for Grownups event details | register
- Thu Dec 15 Navigating Medicare event details | register
- Fri Dec 16 Homeschool Fun: Winter Fun event details | register
- Tue Jan 03 Curious Kids: Alexander Calder Sculptures event details | register
- Sun Jan 08 Teen Book Club event details | register
- Sat Jan 14 Fairy Tale Art: A Painting Workshop - Art Club for Grownups event details | register
- Thu Jan 19 Read & Play Baby event details | register
- Thu Jan 26 Read & Play Baby event details | register
- Thu Feb 02 Read & Play Baby event details | register
- Tue Feb 07 Curious Kids: Science of Music event details | register
View all upcoming events
The Library Board approved a contract and bid this fall with the L.J. Morse Construction Co. of Aurora Illinois to begin work on the West Wing Renovation Project. Kluber Architects and Engineers are under contract with the Library Board to oversee the construction work. Phase I of the project was completed in December 2016. Phase 2 of the project will start the first week of January and continue through the end of May 2017. Phase 2 will involve the creation of a new staff off desk work area and space, a new consolidated customer service point for staff and patron interaction, a renovated technology access space for library patrons, and a combined coffee bar and library browsing lounge area. During this construction phase staff will be assisting patrons at the new information desk and will be assisting patrons with the new self-check-out units at a new service counter. For more detailed information and updates as the project progresses, please click on the “Renovation” tab on our website.