The library recognizes that a permanent or temporary disability may prevent you from coming to the library. North Aurora residents can get materials sent to you through the mail at no cost to you.
You must have a valid Messenger Library card. If you do not have one, contact the Circulation Department at 630-896-0240 ext. 2300, or the head of Adult Services at 630-801-4351. Click here to fill out an online request form for service.
- Librarians are able to help you select items of interest, and you may also request specific titles.
- A maximum of 2 items can be sent at one time. You may request books, magazines, CDs, audiobooks, and DVDs owned by the Messenger Public Library
- The checkout period is 6 weeks. A receipt with due dates will be included with your selections. If you need more time, call or email the library about having your items renewed. No overdues will be charged.
- Please return all the items that were sent at the same time, so that you can avoid any postage charge. Items must be returned to the library before additional items are sent to you.
- In addition to our Homebound Services, those with vision problems may qualify to receive titles available through the Voices of Vision Talking books program. Call 800-426-0709 or visit them at www.illinoistalkingbooks.org.