1000 Books Before Kindergarten
For preschoolers, babies or anyone in between
Messenger Public Library's 1000 Books Before Kindergarten program is a fun, exciting and FREE way to start your child on the path to reading success! Any child who has not yet entered kindergarten and has a Messenger Library card can participate.
Here's how it works
- Create a Beanstack account today and earn the first badge towards reading success!
- Stop by the Youth Services desk to receive your program folder and materials.
- Read with your child for any length of time that is enjoyable. Reading should be a pleasurable and fun activity for you and your child.
- Visit the Beanstack website and log your books read. Read the same book 10 times in a row? Count 10 books towards your total.
- Stop by the library after every 100 book milestone to celebrate your child's achievement and earn rewards along the way.
- Children that complete the program will earn a certificate, a free book and a framed picture of themselves on our 1000 Books window.
Why enroll in 1000 Books?
Did you know that reading to your child is one of the most powerful ways to boost their brain power? The simple and enjoyable act of sharing books helps your child learn pre-reading skills such as understanding the sounds letters make, developing a bigger vocabulary and building background knowledge--all important skills that help prepare your child for learning to read and entering kindergarten.
Start growing a reader and ENROLL your child today!